More about this resource
Morning work is a great way to ease your students into their routine for the day. I like to give my students tasks they can complete as independently as possible while I’m tying up loose ends. These sheets follow a predictable format so that your students can be as successful as possible.
SAVE with the bundle!
This resource is also part of the First Grade Morning Work Mega Bundle. This is a great deal if you’re looking for morning work for the entire school year!
This pack includes 20 literacy pages and 20 math pages to help your students review important skills for first grade. It can also be used as a way to differentiate for your advanced kinders! You can create a packet for each month using the cover pages provided, or simply give your students a new page each day. You can also copy the literacy and math pages back to back if you’d like. These would also be great packets to send home as homework or summer practice if you are not in school during the month of June!
June literacy skills covered:
- *Double ending consonant blends
- *Reading and writing sentences
- *Identifying sight words
- *Sorting pictures by word family
- *Writing sentences to match a picture
- *Identifying sort c or g sounds
- *Alphabetical order to the second letter
- *Identifying nouns and verbs
- *Compound words
- *Syllables in words
- *Rhyming words
June math skills covered:
- *Addition equations
- *Missing signs
- *Showing different coins to make the same sum
- *Solving story problems
- *Solving three digit equations
- *Counting on from a given number
- *Adding double digits without regrouping
- *Showing numbers using base-ten blocks
- *Ordering numbers from least to greatest
- *Comparing sets
- *Telling time
- *Fact families
Download the preview file for a more in-depth sample for each week.