Holiday celebrations are extra fun and exciting in kindergarten…why not incorporate your students’ excitement for the holiday into their learning?! These hands-on games and centers are perfect for your students to practice math and literacy standards. The holiday centers are so easy to prep and engaging, your students won’t realize how much they are learning!
More about this resource
Play is an extremely essential part of learning. These holiday-themed center activities incorporate play into learning. Your students will build fine motor skills while also developing a strong math and literacy foundation.
♥ SAVE over 25% with this holiday themed centers bundle! ♥
These easy to prep centers cover a wide range of math and literacy skills. They are perfect for small group instruction, class parties, as an intervention tool, or during independent centers.
- 76 hands-on math & literacy centers to use throughout the year
- Student friendly directions and examples for each center activity
- Coordinating recording sheets for accountability
♥ 16 Hands-on Centers for Holidays Around the World (Christmas, Diwali, Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah)
Each holiday focuses on developmentally appropriate kindergarten skills for both math and literacy. Here’s a look at just SOME of the skills covered in this bundle:
- Counting and writing numbers
- Non-standard measurement
- Recognizing numbers to 20
- 1:1 correspondence
- Ten frames
- Number sequencing and counting on
- Adding numbers within 12
- Subtraction from 10
- Missing addends
- More and less
- Place value
- Identifying letters and sounds
- Beginning, middle, and ending sounds
- Reading and writing sight words
- Word families
- Rhyming words
- Sentence building
- Reading and writing CVC words
- Pumpkin Pie Beginning Sound Identification
- Short vowel sound discrimination
- Long vowel sound discrimination
- Beginning blends
Your students will LOVE playing fun and engaging games ALL year long! You will enjoy the purposeful activities that help review important skills.
“My students enjoyed these activities. They are the perfect balance of fun and skills practice. Great for keeping kids engaged after winter break!” –Helena B.
“I love these. They are well planned and easy to use in the classroom.” –Elizabeth C.
“I use these for everything: homework, centers, morning work. It’s an excellent resource.” –Marry D.