Morning word printables your students will love! Simplify your morning routine with this May morning work! Allow your students to ease into their routine for the day with these seatwork printables that target common core standards while developing important kindergarten skills.
More about this resource
Why use morning work?
Independent tasks are essential for creating a solid morning work time. These morning worksheets are a perfect way to start your day because they are designed to practice skills students are already familiar with.
Every week follows a predictable format so that your students can be as successful as possible as they work independently.
You can also use these printables during centers, rotations, station work, homework, or for early finishers.
- 20 literacy practice pages
- 20 math practice pages
- Cover pages to create monthly packets
✏️ May Literacy Skills:
- Reading short vowel and long vowel words
- Reading sight words in sentences
- Illustrating sentences to show comprehension
- Unscrambling CVC words
- Manipulating sounds to make new words
- Beginning and ending digraphs
- Reading simple sentences for comprehension
- Using sight words in a sentence
- Identifying short vowel and long vowel sounds
- Writing sight words
- Beginning blends
- Finding sight words
- Using pictures to write a sentence
➕ May Math Skills:
- Color by number using addition
- Tally Marks
- Showing equations that are equal
- Decomposing teen numbers to 10 and ones
- Subtraction using number lines
- Skip counting by 10
- Using ten frames to add
- Drawing objects that are longer
- Using dots to solve addition equations
- Making a ten
- Teen numbers
- Simple subtraction using word problems
Why teachers love these!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐“Such a great product I have gotten them for every month for my classroom!!! Love how they spiral skills! And they are designed so well!!! Great product!!!”- Blooming Little Learners
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “My students enjoyed these practice pages. They were no prep for me, so it was easy to get them ready ahead of time. They provided great practice with a variety of skills.”- Helena B.
⭐Bundle and save for a discount!⭐
Get prepped for the whole school year! Find the Kindergarten Morning Work Bundle for easier mornings all year long!