Simplify your morning routine with this January morning work! Morning work is a great classroom management strategy that allows students to ease into their routine for the day. Kick-off your mornings with seatwork printables that target common core standards while developing a peaceful morning time.
More about this resource
Independent tasks are essential for creating a solid morning work time. These morning worksheets are a perfect way to start your day because they are designed to practice skills students are already familiar with, like tracing sight words and using ten frames.
Every week follows a predictable format so that your students can be as successful as possible as they work independently.
You can also use these printables during centers, rotations, station work, homework, or for early finishers.
- 20 literacy practice pages
- 20 math practice pages
- Cover pages to create monthly packets
✏️ January Literacy Skills: (*D’nealian print also included)
- Beginning, middle, and ending sounds in words
- Tracing and writing sight words
- Short a word families
- Reading and writing CVC words
- Reading and writing simple sentences
- Medial sounds
➕ January Math Skills:
- Addition using ten frames
- Finding one more
- One-to-one correspondence
- Showing teen numbers in a ten frame
- Counting on from a given number
- Composing and decomposing numbers to 10
- Base ten blocks
- Showing ways to make numbers to 10
- Identifying less than
- Addition equations
Why teachers love these!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐“I love the morning work for my students. It is predictable and the students can easily follow the routine with very few verbal directions.”- Amber S.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐“Such a wonderful resource with a variety of activities. Great for independent work and interventions for those that need it. I love that it incorporates reading and math. Thank you!” -Candy C.
⭐Bundle and save for a discount!⭐
Get prepped for the whole school year! Find the Kindergarten Morning Work Bundle for easier mornings all year long!