Simplify your morning routine with this February morning work! Morning work is a great classroom management strategy that allows students to ease into their routine for the day. Kick-off your mornings with seatwork printables that target common core standards while developing a peaceful morning time.
More about this resource
Why use morning work?
Independent tasks are essential for creating a solid morning work time. These morning worksheets are a perfect way to start your day because they are designed to practice skills students are already familiar with, like tracing sight words and using ten frames.
Every week follows a predictable format so that your students can be as successful as possible as they work independently.
You can also use these printables during centers, rotations, station work, homework, or for early finishers.
- 20 literacy practice pages
- 20 math practice pages
- Cover pages to create monthly packets
✏️ February Literacy Skills:
- Beginning, middle, and ending sounds in words
- Reading and writing sight words
- Short vowel word families
- Reading and writing CVC words
- Writing simple sentences
- Medial sounds
➕ February Math Skills:
- Addition using ten frames
- Finding before and after
- Skip counting by 10s, 5s, and 2s
- Number bonds to 6
- Showing teen numbers in a ten frame
- Counting on from a given number
- Base ten blocks
- Identifying how many more
- One-to-one correspondence and identifying the larger group
Why teachers love these!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐“This morning work has helped my students become more independent in their work and help them build confidence in themselves. ”- Selena G.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ “This is a great resource. I like how an entire week follows same instructions/pattern. This made it very easy for my students to do independently after Monday.” -Ellen L.
⭐Bundle and save for a discount!⭐
Get prepped for the whole school year! Find the Kindergarten Morning Work Bundle for easier mornings all year long!