More about this resource
These 2D shapes centers and activities are full of learning and fun for your preschool and kindergarten students. You can use these activities as you introduce the 2D shapes to your class, or spread them out throughout the year in your math centers. Some centers are also in black and white to be printed on colored paper.
The following 2D shapes are covered:
circle, square, rectangle, triangle, oval, rhombus/diamond, hexagon, pentagon, octagon, trapezoid, heart, and star.
10 centers & activities:
- Tracing shapes using dry-erase marker
- Making shapes using playdoh and identifying their sides and vertices
- Tracing shapes using a toy car or truck
- Shapes mini book
- Sorting real world shapes
- Building a shape using pattern blocks
- Spin and trace shapes
- Shape bingo for a small group
- Make and reveal shapes using popsicle sticks
- See it, trace it, make it shape cards
Check out the preview file for a more in-depth look at each center!
You can find my FREE shape poems to help your students learn shape attributes on my blog HERE.